Wednesday, November 2, 2022-World Materials Day
• 10:00 Welcome: Guillermo Cisneros, Rector Magnificent of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid; José Miguel Atienza, Director of the ETS de Ingenieros de Caminos Canales y Puertos, UPM; Juan José de Damborenea, CENIM (CSIC), President of SOCIEMAT; José Ygnacio Pastor, Coordinator of the Materials for the Future Cluster of CEI Moncloa, UPM.
• 10:10 SOCIEMAT National Award for Scientific Dissemination and Education in Materials: Prof. Nuria Salán Ballesteros, UPC. Lecture: “Tap tap Materials”.
• 11:00 Presentations of the finalists of the SOCIEMAT Award for Best Master’s Thesis in Materials Science: • Carlos Iglesias, Universidad Complutense Madrid, Master in Nanophysics and Advanced Materials: “Characterization of zeolites functionalized with different oxides for their application in photocatalysis and adsorption of rare earths”.
• Zhu Peng Shen Lin, CENIM CSIC, Master in Electrochemistry, Science and Technology: “Study of corrosion in butt welds of high strength steels using microcapillary cells”.
• Esther López, Universidad Complutense Madrid, Master in Chemical Science and Technology: “Active protection of aluminum alloys”.
• 11:45 SOCIEMAT Fundación Caja de Ingenieros Award for the Best Final Degree Project in Engineering in the area of Materials: Ángela García de la Camacha Díaz, Degree in Mechanical Engineering, UCLM: “Use of concentrated solar energy in the thermal removal and sintering of 3D printed tool steel parts”. Delivered by: David Velasco Torres, Deputy Director of the Madrid Main Office of Caixa d’Enginyers.
• 12:00 Coffee in the Caminos canteen.
• 12:30 Announcement of the winner of the SOCIEMAT Award for the Best Master’s Thesis in Materials Science.
• 12:40 Prof. Gloria Patricia Rodríguez Donoso, UCLM. Lecture: “Welcome to MATERLAND, approaching the wonderful world of Materials, Project FCT-20-15783 with the collaboration of FECYT Ministry of Science and Innovation”.
• 13:30 Closing of the World Materials Day: José Miguel Atienza, Director of the ETS de Ingenieros de Caminos Canales y Puertos, UPM; Juan José de Damborenea, CENIM (CSIC), President of SOCIEMAT; José Ygnacio Pastor, Coordinator of the Materials for the Future Cluster of CEI Moncloa, UPM.
• 13:45 End of the event.
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2022-World Materials Day
• 16:30 to 20:00: International Materials Selection Challenge. In this edition we extend our radius of action from Latin America to Iberoamerica, universities from Brazil and Portugal have been presented.
Thursday, November 3. Training courses in collaboration with ANSYS-GRANTA
• 9:30 to 13:30: Materials
• 15:00 to 19:00: Fluids.
Friday, November 4th. Training courses in collaboration with ANSYS-GRANTA
• 9:30 to 13:30: Structures
• 15:00 to 19:00: High Frequency